Encrypting Dynamic MaxL scripts (which uses environment variables)


I’ve written posts on encrypting MaxLs and how to use Environment Variables in MaxLs here and here.
Today we’ll discuss on how to encrypt a MaxL script which uses an Environment Variable.
I encrypted the MaxL using the command given below.
However the resulting mxls file was still showing the same contents. 
Spool file and on-screen data was revealing the user name and password, which is not the desired output.
So how to achieve this (encrypt). 
I decided to encrypt the username and password separately as shown below and pass them to MaxL.
Later I updated the mxls file and added the keys as given below.
The bat file was updated to pass the keys (not the actual username and password)
Old Bat File
New Bat File with Keys
Now the spool file is not revealing the user name and password.
HTH
Advertisements

About Celvin Kattookaran

I’m an EPM Consultant, my primary focus is on Hyperion Planning and Essbase. Some of you from Hyperion Support team might recognize me or have seen my support articles, I was with the WebAnalysis Support Team. I'm an Independent Consultant with “Intekgrate Corporation” based out of Aurora office. I’m from God’s Own Country (Kerala, India), lived in all southern states of India, Istanbul and Johannesburg (and of course United States). I’m core gamer :) and an avid reader. I was awarded Oracle ACE Director for my contributions towards EPM community.

Leave a Reply