I was working with a client where they had a requirement to show charts.
They wanted a bar chart which shows values as shown below.
If you have worked on Financial reporting charts, you know that there is less option to customize it.
The issue with BAR chart is it always shows cumulative values only.
i.e 43+80 =123 and 43+80+16=139
So to get only the segment value (not cumulative values)
- Insert a combo chart (line and bar chart)
- Change the Line Style to None
- Change the Line Width to 0
- Change the Line Marker Style to None
- Change the Marker Size to 0
Now the hard part was to get the %s, (43%, 16%) for that I had to export the report to my system and edit the .des file.
- Open .des file in a editor
- Search for OBJECT_WIDTH in <CHARTOBJECT
- After OBJECT_WIDTH add OTHERPROPERTIES=”LeftFormat=(FLOAT, ‘%d%’)”
e.g. OBJECT_WIDTH=”8460″ OTHERPROPERTIES=”LeftFormat=(FLOAT, ‘%d%’)”
There you go…..the chart is ready.
Thanks a lot Celvin. Very help full Post.
I have a question when you are formatting a line chart and supressing zero, but the next month with zero data the graph creates a straight line down to zero. I want the line to end at the graph point. Is there a way to do this?