This post is about some of the limitations in creating Variables in Calc Manager. (You probably may have noticed this and have a work around for this one).
I was creating a variable of my Sample application for the Dimension Segments.
I opened up Variable Designer in Calc Manager and couldn’t find Segments in the Dimension Type (remember it is Dimension type here not Dimension)
So I created one Variable and tagged the dimension type as Account
Steps you need to perform to make this Variable valid for “Segments”
- Add this variable to the rule.
- Go to System View and export the rule for editing purpose.
- Save the xml file and find the lines similar to the one given below under the variable name tag<variable id=”164″ name=”AttrSeg” product=”Planning” type=”member” usage=”const”><property name=”dimensionType”>Account</property>
- Change the dimensionType here from Account to “Segments”.
- Import the xml into Calc Manger.
- Select Override Existing Objects.
Go to Variable Designer and your variable will be now updated as “Segments”
HTH (not sure whether there is any other way to solve it)